Office: Engineering Building, Room 3222
Phone: (703) 993-1611
Fax: (703) 993-1601
Public Key ID: 088D 1D49 F3FD 1851
Spring 2023 Office Hours
- Monday 11:00 am to 12:00 pm
- Wednesday 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm
Office hours are held in-person in my office and using Zoom. Here is the Zoom link to the Office Hour. Additional office hours are by appointment only (see the Contact page for how to setup an appointment).
Spring 2023 Teaching
- ECE 447 (Spring 2023) Microcontrollers
- CYSE/ECE 476 (Spring 2023) Cryptography Fundamentals
I am currently looking for new talented Ph.D. students capable of starting their studies at GMU in Fall 2022. MS students interested in doing their Master's Theses in the area of cryptographic engineering are also very welcome to apply. GRA or GTA positions are available for outstanding candidates. For more information, please see our Cryptographic Engineering Research Group webpage.
- Cryptographic Engineering
- Lightweight Cryptography
- Post-Quantum Cryptography
- Side-channel and fault attacks and analysis
- Tools for Side-channel and fault attacks
- Efficient implementation of cryptographic algorithms
- Cryptography for IoT devices
Dr. Kaps is Co-Director of the Cryptographic Engineering Research Group at GMU. A short description of his main research interests can be found on his research page.